Hello Iowa Class A/B UST operators! Our course is online and approved by the IA Department of Natural Resources (DNR). Our Iowa Class A/B UST operator training course is a great way to meet the training requirements while learning everything you need to know to be an effective UST operator. Plus it has been updated to include the new UST rules adopted in 2021.
With a generous reimbursement from the Iowa UST Fund, this course is provided for free to the following Iowa UST operators:
- You must be within 4 hours travel time to the UST site for which you are responsible,
- You must be within a 2 hour drive if the UST site is unstaffed,
- You must fill out all your contact information (including the IA DNR UST Registration #) before you start, and
- You cannot already have been trained as an Iowa UST operator.
- You must complete course, including the final exam, within 30 days of signing up.
If you meet these conditions, congratulations, the course is free!
If not, you can still purchase the Iowa Class A/B course here. Note if you take the course and do not meet the qualifications we reserve the right to bill you $150 per license or revoke your certificate.
- 100% online
- State UST agency approved
- Can be completed in a few hours, start and stop anytime you like
- Exam, handouts, certificate included at no extra cost
- Certificate emailed to you, or download after you’re done
What you get:
This option allows users to watch 10 lessons online instead of attending a live webinar. Users take each lesson any time that is convenient. Great for new and experienced operators alike. Total lesson viewing time is about 2.5 to 3 hours. Plus a 1-hour final exam.
Get a summary of your UST system before you start training:
Each UST system is different. Learn exactly what type of UST system you have by searching your state’s UST database and download a report. If you do this, the training will make more sense because you’ll know what rules apply to your specific UST site. Search Now, then download and print.
Do you have an emergency power generator UST?
If so please download this free EPA publication Federal UST Requirements for Emergency Power Generator UST Systems (pdf) to help explain specific generator tank requirements while taking our training.
- State-approved: Certification meets state requirements
- Licenses never expire: buy now, take later.
- Self-paced: stop, start and pause each lesson whenever you like.
- Easy to navigate: Perfect for first time online learners.
- Scalable: Great for single use, small group or large company.
- Bulk purchase discount: automatic at checkout.
- Friendly: down to earth explanation of UST rules.
System Requirements: Take it on your computer, tablet or phone.
What Other UST operators liked about the training:
- “It is great to have this course self paced. Some of us work odd schedules where
traditional scheduled classes would not be possible.”
- “I was impressed by the thorough nature of the classroom content, I’ve been
pumping fuel for 35 years and I learned a lot from this course.”
Choose an account option that works best for you:
- Single Account is perfect for you to take Class A/B or Class C training, or both.
- Team Account is great when you purchase for someone else or purchase for more than one person. Need to train 5, 50, 500, or even 5,000 operators? This option is for you.
Refresher: A refresher training is not required unless the UST owner receives a violation notice for significant non-compliance. We do encourage voluntary refreshers to help you stay fresh on the content.
Need a great online Class C solution? Try our nationally recognized, state-approved Class C course “Fueling Station Safety”, starting at $12.95/operator and bulk purchase discounts available. Learn more