Instructions to take the Utah Class A/B UST Operator Training
Since UST Training is not yet approved in Utah, we recommend you take the online training with Tait Environmental Services and then take a live final exam by the Utah Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
Here are the steps.
- Take online class: https://tait.ustcourse.com/store?utf8=✓&st=Utah&commit
- Select Utah Class A and B UST Operator Preparatory Course – Online, then register and pay $150/person
- Take the training: Upon completion of the course, a Certificate of Completion can be downloaded.
- Register with the State of Utah by completing the UST Operator Training Registration Application Form, including payment of $50.00, and completing and notarizing the Citizenship or Legal Resident Certification.
- Mail documents from #4 above to:
Attn: Michelle Horning
P.O. Box 144840
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4840
6. Take the final exam: It is offered the 1st Tuesday of each month at 9:00 AM and the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 2:00 PM at Utah DEQ/DERR, 195 N. 1950 W., 1st Floor, Salt Lake City, Utah 84114. Contact Michelle Horning (801-536-4128) to register.
7. Once completed, follow your company procedure for submitting a copy of your certificate of completion.
Need a great online Class C solution?
Try our nationally recognized, state-approved Class C course “Fueling Station Safety”, starting at $12.95/operator and bulk purchase discounts available.