Good news from my home state of Connecticut. The DEEP adopted UST rules in December 2021 and take affect pretty much right now. We’re updating our CT Class A/B UST Operator Training course to reflect these new changes which include:
- Testing spill buckets every 3 years.
- Removing all ball float valves by 2022.
- Release detection for emergency power generator USTs.
- (Interestingly) the prohibition of field-constructed tanks and certain airport hydrant systems.
- Extra testing requirements for spill buckets, sumps and overfill devices.
- Testing sumps every 3 years instead of every 5 years.
- Additional requirements for record keeping for E10+ and B20+ fuels.
Our revised course is being submitted and should be updated soon.
Any CT UST rule questions, please contact us.