March 25, 2020
PEI today released a new resource, the Critical Infrastructure Authorization to Work and Travel Form, to help employees traveling to and from work or otherwise performing their job functions document their exemption from curfews, shelter-in-place orders and other related business restrictions.
The new resource is a companion to the customizable Essential Business Statement Tool, which helps member companies explain to local governing authorities the essential role of PEI members.
Most states and localities issuing travel and business restrictions to stop the spread of COVID-19 are adopting the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s guidance on critical infrastructure. As explained in the March 20 TulsaLetter, PEI member companies should qualify as essential businesses supporting at least three critical infrastructure categories:
- Retail fuel centers such as gas stations and truck stops, and the distribution systems that support them
- Employees supporting or enabling transportation functions, including dispatchers, maintenance and repair technicians, warehouse workers, truck stop and rest area workers, and workers that maintain and inspect infrastructure
- Employees who repair and maintain vehicles, aircraft, rail equipment, marine vessels, and the equipment and infrastructure that enables operations that encompass movement of cargo and passengers
Using the Critical Infrastructure Authorization to Work and Travel From
- Download the form from the PEI Resources section of the PEI Coronavirus Resource Center.
- Fill in the blanks for the name of your company.
- Fill in the name, title and contact information of the authorizing party.
- Print on your company letterhead.
- Sign the form.
- Give a copy to each employee who will be traveling to/from your facility and/or jobsites.
- Instruct any employee who is questioned to produce the authorization form.
Executive Vice President
If you have questions or feedback on PEI Industry Alerts, contact Rick Long at firstname.lastname@example.org.