Another reminder to be careful with gasoline vapors and always hire out UST work where safety is in question.
“The co-owner of a local gas station here was killed this week when he and an employee were removing water from the vault of a vaulted tank system. It was found out that they were using a shop vac to do the work when one of the tanks in the underground vault exploded killing the co-owner and severely injuring an employee. This is a sad example of why owners should leave routine maintenance work to the professionals who know what they’re doing. It took over 24 hours for rescue crews to locate the body of the co-owner down in the vault.”
Special thanks to Ed Kubinsky of Crompco for sharing this sobering article.