Utah DEQ adopted operator training rules similar to Federal EPA guidelines with a few exceptions such as a 01/01/2012 deadline. Other differences include:
- Class B operator does routine daily aspects of operation, maintenance, and record keeping for UST systems.
- The Class B operator is an owner, employee, or contractor working for the UST owner or operator. Some of the duties of the Class B operator are:
– Ensure that an on-site operator inspection of each facility is performed every 30 days.
– Ensure that the UST system is monitored every seven days for leak detection alarms, etc.
– Be present for DEQ compliance inspections, or designate another individual to attend.
We offer Utah Class A/B training through a referral program with Tait Environmental Services. Utah UST operators must then take and pass a DEQ-sponsored final exam.
Our Utah Class C online course is available and considered acceptable in Utah.
See the Utah DEQ UST web page for more information.