Hello friends of UST Training: We’ve set up a web page dedicated to helping you navigate the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation at it relates to your UST system by doing what you do best: Staying Savvy and Staying Safe.
Gas stations, convenience stores and supermarkets, still are considered essential services and will remain open. In order to stay open safely, UST owners should ensure:
- Only healthy staff come to work,
- All inside work surfaces and restrooms are sanitized continuously,
- At the fueling island, all dispensers, nozzles, card readers and key pads be kept extra clean,
- Daily checking of your automatic tank gauge continues,
- Monthly release detection tests are conducted as usual,
- Spill buckets are inspected, maintained and cleaned, and
- Any suspected releases are responded to properly.
As new information becomes available we’ll be adding it to the links below. Stop by for updates.
First: Basic Safety Steps
- Cleaning High-Touch Surfaces at the Pump (Help debunk the myth that gas pumps spread COVID-19 by being upfront about your cleaning and sanitizing practices.)
- Cleaning High-Touch Surfaces at the Pump (Free poster to download, print and share)
- Hourly Cleaning Checklist (Free form to download, print, use and track)
- Stop the spread of germs (Free poster to download, print and share)
- (CDC) Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations (including how to clean and disinfect, Personal Protective equipment (PPE) and hand hygiene)
- (Gilbarco/Veeder Root) Convenience Stores Stay Vigilant on Gas Pump Sanitation
- Free Online Coronavirus Prevention Training
- CDC Posters to Print and Share
- (Car and Driver Magazine) How to Pump Gas without Passing Germs Around
- StrasGlobal COVID-19 Response Plan
Keeping Your UST system Operational
New Tank Savvy Videos by UST Training:
- Intro: Stay Savvy, Stay Safe
- Keeping your Dispensers and High-Touch Areas Clean
- Be Kind to Gas Station Staff and Service Techs
- Has Anything Changed with Compliance Testing?
Weekly Zoom Chats with Ben Thomas
C-Store Employees (Class C Operators)
- Access Letters Identify C-Store Employees as Essential
- Need Class C UST operator training for new hires?
- Critical UST Regs to Follow During The Coronavirus
Great UST-Related Resources
- PEI Coronavirus Resource Center
- NACS Coronavirus Resources
- PMAA Coronavirus-Related Resources for Petroleum Marketers
- EPA’s Coronavirus Disease 2019