We now offer Class A/B UST Operator Training for the US Virgin Islands (USVI). All UST operators on St. Thomas, St. Croix and St. John can take our national Class A/B UST operator course to meet the requirements of USVI’s DPNR UST Program. Click here to learn more.
Our USVI Class C course is also available.
We did a live training on the Islands 2010 and are familiar with UST systems as well as the operators in this beautiful Caribbean territory.
Did you know in USVI:
- 90% of all service stations on St. Croix are located over its major groundwater source, Kings Hill aquifer.
- On St. Croix, groundwater contributes to 81% of water production supplying 65% of the island’s population.
- In 2010 there were no automatic tank gauges on St. Croix. Nearly all UST systems relied on soil vapor monitoring for monthly leak detection. We made a compelling argument during class to upgrade to automatic tank gauges.
- It is illegal to dispense fuel while a UST is being filled during delivery. And fill caps are all locked.
- Most USTs have pressurized versus suction piping.
- Most UST do not have interstitial monitoring.
- There are no on-island service providers.